TinyTERM Enterprise for iOS
The included secure SSH, SSL and telnet IBM/VT/ANSI/Wyse/ADDS terminal emulation provides macros, printing and automation capabilities with scanner support. TinyTERM Enterprise provides enterprise deployment capabilities including configuration push, user interface lockdown and extensive configuration import/export management.
TinyTERM's Industrial Browser includes comprehensive scanning capabilities for scanning barcodes into input fields and redirecting QR scan codes to web pages. Full compatibility with Safari with extensions for locking down the user interface and custom onscreen keyboards allows deployment of existing web applications into purposed environments.
TinyTERM Enterprise is designed for corporate IT departments to create purposed solutions for non-technical users or uses where pre-configured automated application startup is required.
What´s New in version 3.6.1
- Configuration Lock prevents macro editing
- Keyboard editing is unavailable when Configuration Lock is turned on
- Added an option to silence beeps from TinyTERM, or silence all sounds
- Added option to disable saving SSH username and password
Highlights from Version 3.6.0
- Added AccuSpeech support
- Updated OpenSSL to support TLS 1.3
- Added support for importing ttconfig from TT Documents directory
- Updated Scandit to 6.x SDK
Create customized keyboards per screen that display only the needed keys for that specific screen. This allows modification of not only the keys displayed, but also the size and location of the keys on the keyboard. This creates streamlined functionality and increased productivity.
Swipe between keyboard layouts with a simple gesture. Just drag your finger left or right across any keyboard to switch to the next custom keyboard.
Create numerous custom keyboards to aid in data entry and device use on a per-screen basis. Simply use one finger to swipe to select the appropriate keyboard for the screen you are on. Want it to be even easier for users? See Screen-Sensitive Keyboards below for more detailed information.
Custom Keyboard Colors
Change the foreground and background colors for the on-screen keyboard, and for individual keys. The keys can even change color when they're pressed. Color-code keys for specific tasks, improving processes with quick identification and data entry. Combined with screen-sensitive keyboards, priority tasks become easier to recognize at a glance. And text on key labels can wrap, allowing more information on a key.
TinyTERM Enterprise TE Server provides session persistence for TinyTERM Enterprise for iOS and Android clients. This allows TinyTERM Enterprise to connect through the TE Server, which maintains the connection to the UNIX, Linux or mainframe host.
This is especially useful in situations where the mobile device may not have a reliable WiFi connection. If the mobile device loses its connection to TinyTERM Enterprise TE Server, the connection to the host is still available. Reconnecting causes the existing login to come back up on the mobile device, in the same state where it was left off.
Once configured, this is transparent to the user. The connection looks and acts exactly the same as a direct (non-proxy) connection. But it has the added benefit of stability in all circumstances.
TinyTERM Enterprise TE Server can be used as a proxy for the Century Software License Server (LCS service). Using the license proxy can allow for more detailed tracking of clients by optionally forwarding the private IP addresses of devices behind a firewall.
The proxy may also be used as a means to provide access to the license server in environments where the ability to make outgoing connections is limited, as long as the server is hosted on a machine that can make outgoing connections to Century's license server; e.g., a machine in front of a corporate firewall.
In larger corporations, this allows tracking of the internal IP address from each location instead of the gateway IP for the corporation.
Century offers a variety of comprehensive onscreen touch input options to make the user experience the best it can be. Our screen-matching capability displays distinctive keyboards based on the content of the screen. We include an array of pre-designed keyboards and also the ability to customize button size and placement.
Our large number of touch input options allow creating a simple and easy way for users to efficiently operate the device.
Scandit Barcode Scanner
The Scandit software-based barcode scanner provides lightning-fast scanning speed to power today's enterprise-grade solutions. Scandit's precision scanning performs in the most adverse of conditions, such as low lighting, glare and warped surfaces, and works with all major 1D and 2D barcode symbologies. TinyTERM Enterprise includes a 14-day trial of the Scandit software barcode scanner solution for evaluation.
Split View on iOS gives the user the ability to have two applications running in the foreground, which more readily supports performing tasks that require switching between applications. An example would be taking notes in the Notes application from a webpage the user is browsing within Safari. Split View provides the same thing that having multiple windows does on a desktop PC, in a way that is designed for tablets with touch screens. The user can swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to show the application bar, then either tap one of the applications to launch it, or press down on it and drag it to the edge of the screen to place it in a separate window, alongside the primary application. The user can then adjust the width to either 70/30 or 50/50 by tapping and dragging a slider control in the margin that separates the two windows. Split View is only supported on iOS devices that include Split View functionality.
Century supports deployment through the Apple app store, as well as the more flexible Enterprise ID method of deployment. Century´s License & Configuration Server supports automatic license registration and initial custom configuration push at install time. Our Client License Manager tool allows signing our application with your Apple Enterprise ID, provisioning profile and custom configuration for deployment by non-technical staff. This tool can be used to rebrand and deploy with your company icon and include a particular configuration for different user groups. Deployment is also supported through all major MDM and MAM vendors.
Do you need modifications made or new features added that will make TinyTERM easier for your employees to use, that will streamline processes with improved performance and productivity? Century Software’s team can make that happen.
Under your direction, Century can design, build or modify our product to meet your needs. We have many customers who have worked hand-in-hand with Century to make the custom modifications needed for their applications, delivered within a very short timeframe.
Simply let us know what your custom needs are. We can take it from there.
- Universal binary supports iPad & iPhone/iPod Touch
- Secure SSH, SSL and telnet access over WiFi, cellular and VPN networks
- Multiple sessions to a single host or different hosts may be opened and kept connected simultaneously
- Japanese, Korean and Chinese support in IBM TN5250 and UNIX emulations
- Comprehensive RSA/DSA key generation and management with key export
- SSL Host certificate authentication
- Background terminal sessions
- Text screen and host transparent print to AirPrint and email
- User interface customization including lock down
- Configuration import/export with multiple configuration package file wrapping
- Passcode lock
- Precise configurable display in both landscape and portrait orientations
- On-screen UI for remapping keys to actions, macros and character strings
- External Bluetooth/dock keyboards supported with function, arrow and control keys
- Phone and email technical support
- Configurable on-screen PC, VT and IBM-style keyboards with and without fn keys
- Transparent keyboard option for continuous full screen visibility
- Key click for custom keyboards
- Custom programmable keyboards in VT220, IBM3151, Numeric 10-key and PC 101-key English, Spanish, French, German, Norwegian layouts
- Macro record/playback to automate connecting and host application startup
- Macro can prompt for username/password or store separately in connection info
- Auto-connect on start allows one-touch connectivity from home screen
- Auto-login on connect associates macro with connect/login sequence
- Auto-reconnect reestablishes connection and auto-login if dropped
- Prevent-disconnect enforces proper host system/application logoff
- Close on disconnect for quick exit
All MDMs supported
|ADDS:||ADDS Viewpoint VP/60, A2 Enhanced|
|Alpha Micro:||WYCOL/Esprit III|
|ANSI:||ANSI 3.64, SCOANSI, AT386, Linux Console|
|Digital:||VT100, VT220, VT220-7, VT320, VT320-7, VT420|
|IBM:||TN3270E Models 2-5, TN5250 Models 3179-2/3477-FC/5555-C01, 3151, 3101|
|Wyse/TVI:||Wyse 50, Wyse 60, Wyse 60-25, Televideo 912, 925, 950|
|Other:||ATT 4410, ADM1, PCTERM, TTY|
Application display can be precisely configured for each keyboard mode in both landscape and portrait orientations.
Hardware and Operating System Requirements
TinyTERM Enterprise for iOS version 3.6.0 requires iOS 11 or newer. Supported hardware platforms include:
- iPhone 5s or newer
- iPod Touch 6th generation
- iPad 5th generation or newer
- iPad Mini 2 or newer
- All iPad Air and iPad Pro models
Thank you for your valuable comments. Please press here to email your feedback:
Try It Free