|TinyTERM ITX 2 for iPad
TinyTERM ITX 2 for iPhone
TinyTERM ITX 2 for iPad provides secure SSH and telnet access using exact terminal emulation
for 21 VT/ANSI/Wyse and other terminal types. The first commercial-grade desktop terminal
emulator ported to iPad! TinyTERM is the *only* terminal emulator with a fully programmable custom keyboard.
TinyTERM ITX 2 is a major upgrade to our terminal emulator product line for iOS devices,
based on our best-selling desktop TinyTERM product. We’ve been in business over 27 years and
are excited to make this available to you.
Superior Terminal Emulation
TinyTERM ITX 2 provides secure wireless access to remote systems with exact terminal
emulation. iPad users can rely on TinyTERM for 21 terminal types, including the Linux
console, Wyse 50/60, DEC VT100/VT220/VT320 and SCOANSI. In fact, TinyTERM includes more
terminal types than any other iPad terminal emulator.
||VT100, VT220, VT320, VT420
||ANSI 3.64, SCOANSI, AT386, Linux
||Wyse 50, Wyse 60, Televideo TVI912, 925, 950
What's New in 2.1.0
- iOS 7 compatibility
- Major VT420 enhancements
- Software registration
- Option to close on disconnect
- WRU answerback accepts control character
- Swipe gesture to show/hide keyboard
- Rotation lock
- Enhanced font drawing, double height characters
- Many emulation updates and fixes
For a complete list of enhancements and fixes, please review the
User Friendly Emulator Display
TinyTERM's display allows the ultimate in usability with your preferences:
Use a pinch/zoom gesture to resize the screen text. When the font is large, drag
your finger to change the viewport or scroll back for previous text All keyboards
can be set to partially transparent for full screen display with the keyboard shown.
Tap and hold to highlight text and start a copy/paste selection.
External Docking and Bluetooth Keyboard Support
Function keys, arrow keys and all control keys are supported on all external keyboards.
This allows TinyTERM to be used as a terminal emulator on iPad just like from your desktop
system. Remapping of the external keyboard is supported for differing locales and codepages.
Fully Customizable Onscreen Keyboard
Our enhanced onscreen custom terminal emulator keyboards facilitate rapid data entry,
with PC English, French, German, Spanish, VT220, IBM3151 and numeric 10-key programmable
layouts. Or, supplemental horizontal and vertical strip keyboards add the full range of function,
arrow and keypad keys to the standard iPad onscreen keyboard. Any key can be mapped to send any
character or string. Users can even completely reconfigure the keyboard, changing the layout and
look of the keys entirely.
TinyTERM's appearance and behavior can be customized in other ways. Color mapping allows you
to easily change the foreground, background and cursor colors for best readability in any
circumstances. The number of rows and columns can also be changed, allowing more data to display.
The font will resize, and lines will wrap properly for best readability, whether or not the
keyboard is displayed and regardless of the iPad's orientation.
Transparent keyboard for full-screen visibility
Full Screen Portrait and Landscape
In portrait mode, TinyTERM fills the upper portion of the screen, and the keyboard fills the
lower portion. The keyboard can be dismissed or summoned with a single tap. When the keyboard is
not displayed, the emulator resizes to fill the entire screen.
And in landscape mode, TinyTERM can fill the entire screen or take up just a quarter of it,
always displaying the entire emulation session. At the smaller size, the remaining space
displays a full keyboard. Just as in portrait mode, a single tap switches between the two
landscape display options, allowing maximum visibility and usability.
Based on our best-selling desktop TinyTERM product, TinyTERM ITX 2 for iPad makes a host console
portable and always accessible.
TinyTERM includes SSH for very secure connectivity. Based on industry-standard strong
encryption, SSH allow users to access remote hosts securely over any available WiFi or 3G
connection. Both host key and username/password authentication are included, as well as RSA/DSA
key generation and management. Passcode lock prevents unauthorized terminal emulator access.
- Secure SSH and telnet access over WiFi, cellular and VPN networks
- Precise emulation of 21 VT, ANSI, Wyse and IBM terminal types
- Very complete emulation including line draw characters and UTF-8 Unicode support
- Support for background terminal sessions
- Comprehensive RSA/DSA key generation and management. Export public key via email and clipboard
- Very simple and easy-to-use user interface supports multiple connection profiles
- Ability to change emulator settings without disconnecting
- Copy and Paste implemented with line-by-line and block modes
- Passcode lock prevents unauthorized terminal emulator access
- WRU character and WRU Answerback string
- Audible BEL available in all emulations
- Resizable text font using pinch/zoom for readability
- Scrollable viewport for larger text or scrollback for previous text
- Transparent keyboard option for continuous full screen visibility
- Tap and hold to highlight text and start copy/paste selection
- Terminal screen always fully visible when typing using scaleable fonts. Larger display when keyboard dismissed if desired
- Configurable lines and columns with scaleable or fixed fonts and 132x80 modes
- Configurable emulator screen resizing when keyboard shown and hidden, with separate settings for portrait, landscape and keyboard layouts
- Always-on scrollback buffer using single finger swipe
- Bluetooth and external docking keyboards supported
- Function keys, arrow keys and all control keys supported
- External keyboard keycode remapping supported for differing codepage/locales
- Onscreen mini-keyboard when using Bluetooth and dock keyboards with missing keys
- Option to hide title bar for larger emulation display
- Enhanced onscreen custom terminal emulator keyboards facilitate rapid data entry
- Custom programmable keyboards in VT220, IBM3151, Numeric 10-key and PC 101-key English, Spanish, French and German layouts
- Keyboards include function/arrow keys, Ins/Del/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn, Tab, Esc, Ctrl, locking Shift/Ctrl/Caps
- Codepage support for over 25 locales including CP 437/1251/1252, ISO 8859-1/8859-2 and many more
- Configurable foreground/background/cursor color, hostname, user, port
- "Default" configuration allows specifying initial settings for new configurations
- Dropbox and iTunes syncing with desktop for connection, code page and keyboard settings
- Fonts rendered internally for crystal-clear type in all situations
- Bold-weight character display supported
- Telephone and email technical support
- Requires iOS 5.1 or later
- Original iPad or newer
TinyTERM ITX 2 for iPad is available from
the Apple App Store
as well as directly from Century Software with additional benefits for enterprise deployment. Please call
us for details at +1-801-268-3088 x130.
Questions? Would you like to request a feature or comment on TinyTERM ITX 2 for iPad?
We'd love to hear from you! Click here
to let us know what you think.
Need assistance from our technical support department? You can
call our support line at +1-801-268-3088 option 5, email
visit our TinyTERM ITX 2 for iPad
online documentation page